Wednesday, April 6, 2011

what matters most


i was thinking today. as the lord has been working in my life and i fall in love more with him. i really just want to find that ive used up my life for his purpose. ive spent too much time thinking about what i want. my desires. what i think it's best. but he has been showing me that it's not about me. it's about him. i know this is not knew to me. but my Lord is reminding me of this. and showing me that it's better to be found in his presence, than to worry about fulfilling my wishes. he knows best...

today these words came out of my little jen (my mouth... learn about her here):

i want to age beautifully and peacefully... wrinkled by years of service to my God.

...and i said wow. God is working in me. and He is.
im welcoming this work. for his glory.

8 comments:

  1. We are on the same page. There is no better way to live life than in full surrender to God's perfect will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful! how lovely is the promise of God's hand of guidance and His gift of grace. He will equip you with what you need to serve Him and further His kingdom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post girl...
    hey maybe you need to update my blog url?
    I changed it from jackieandtina.blogspot.com
    to boermanramblings.blogspot.com
    maybe you just need to reenter it to get my updates.
    thanks for looking for me still! much love to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quote became special to me about a year ago and I think you'll enjoy..."I would never want to reach out someday with a soft, uncallused hand-a hand never dirtied by serving-and shake the nail-pierced hand of Jesus."-Bill Hybels

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow jen, "i want to age beautifully and peacefully... wrinkled by years of service to my God." that's beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful focus to have.... so many people are so concerned with temporary or surface things. But hands that are worn with service, faces wrinkled with laughter, feet that ache from going where God is needed.... that is the REAL beauty we should strive for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to age peacefully too. :) ps, I gave your blog the Kreative Blogger Award. See my blog for more info <3

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments & check back for response!