Wednesday, February 22, 2012

i am my mother's daughter


...and that's ok.
at my age, she loved hairbands. large sunglasses. big earrings.
she still 
loves scarves probably as much as i do.
she steals my earrings
and sunglasses
she loves to wear my necklaces
and tells me how i remind her of her youth

i'm so glad we are alike. i am.
it makes a connection that i thought i never had with her.
we lived separate for years and i thought we grew apart
but little did i know
that even though we were far, disconnected and more
my mother's instincts, looks and loves
grew in me too.
i guess it's just a bond that only god can explain.

i only hope to become the strong woman she is today, when i get there.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! The 2 yrs I lived apart from my mother I became her. I was so aware of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've actually lived most of my life away from my mother. She is now a little closer but it's still miles away. We are getting better at it though.

      Delete
  2. and such beauty! now that i'm a mom, I'm learning what that incredible, natural instict love is all about! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments & check back for response!